If you or your child is 7 years of age or older
Sacrament of Baptism
In his dialogue with Nicodemus, Jesus taught that Baptism was necessary for salvation. “No one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit” (Jn 3:5). After his Resurrection, Jesus met with the eleven Apostles and gave them the commission to preach the Gospel and baptize, telling them, “Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved” (Mk 16:16).
The word baptism in its origins is Greek and means “immersion” and “bath.” Immersion in water is a sign of death and emersion out of the water means new life. To bathe in water is also to undergo cleansing. Saint Paul sums up this truth when he says, “You were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead” (Col 2:12).
Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: “Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word.”(CCC – 1213)
Baptisms are celebrated here at St. Rose of Lima, for children up to 6 years of age.
- The first Saturday of the month
- 10:00 AM in English
- 11:00 AM in Spanish.
Guidelines for Baptism here at St. Rose of Lima
- Parents: need to pick up the Baptism request form or print it out.
- One or more than one god–parent: is required for the celebration of the Sacrament and they must be Catholic 16 years of age or older, who already received the Sacraments of Initiation and is in communion with the Catholic church.
- Parents: must fill out and sign the form. “ Request for Baptism”.
- godparents: Must fill out the “Sponsor form”.
- Parents and godparents: must take a baptismal class before the Baptism. See baptismal Schedule for the date.
- In order to select the Date for Baptism: parents must bring to the church office. The form “ Request for Baptism”, the “Sponsor form” and the Birth Certificate of the child who is going to be baptized, a donation of $35 and see Dcn. Juan Contreras the Baptisms coordinator.
- Emergency Baptism: If there is an urgent need to baptized a child or an adult, please call the office. 407-932-5004
If you need to attend the baptismal class, because you are baptizing your child or you are a sponsor at another parish, fill out the form below.